Friday, March 1, 2013

Management...

Originally my plan was to give you guys “Crownless King” as a final free mix-tape. Being that i am moving forward with my career, my managers suggested that i drop at least 2 albums a year to generate some real income from my tunes. However, at the last minute there was a flag on the play. (sudden change) they decided to remove the 4 cover songs and replace them with 6 original songs from previous tapes to make “Crownless King” a completely profitable project. I really wont go into detail on the percentages that were thrown my way, but to make long story short i was annoyed at the whole situation. Realizing that this is the business, and i will go through some set backs, i heard my team out and made a wise decision. I put a hold on the project to get the paper work done and fully hire my management company legally through documentation. Being that we are now dealing with money, i can see many discrepancies bubbling on the horizon and it is my job as thee artist to make sure i am secure always.

Contract Time!!!!!!!!!

I felt like since D.E. and Dimitri were getting serious with me and helping me achieve my goals, that it was time to hire them on a trial period for 1 year. Thankful enough, i have a smart brother on my side to walk me through any contract, and point out any flaws, pros and any other cons. I didn’t come this far to be sloppy, and i know the music business will eat you! I’m not saying that this is Dimitri’s intentions, but with my ignorance to the business aspect of the hip-hop industry, I’m going to need him through my career to protect me and keep money in my pocket. providing that reinsurance and working through any and all loop holes a contract may have on me. So until i handle this management contract i will be holding off on “Crownless” King and further work with Dirty Empire. Ill do my best to muscle up a free mix-tape with cover songs on it special for you all because i know alot of you have been anticipating the release of “Crownless King,” and i understand the frustration the set back can bring to my supporters.

These are all necessary pronunciations that need to take pace….
“This is my show” 

No comments:

Post a Comment